By joining the Milford Community Chamber of Commerce you are entitled to the following benefits:
1) Promotional Agency – The Milford Community Chamber of Commerce can act as a promotional agency on your behalf. When promoting the Chamber, publicity through newspaper and other promotional materials will be provided, drawing attention to your business and what service you have to offer. All Members are also encouraged to participate in the Chamber’s Annual Business Expo held during Fun Days. This is a great opportunity to ‘show case’ your business.
2) Referral Service – The Chamber of Commerce is often the one and only contact an outsider will have with a community when doing research on the area. It is the Chamber’s responsibility to refer the services of its members to those who inquire. Whereas it is the Chamber’s responsibility to promote the community as a whole, priority is given to members first.
3) Membership List and Directory – The Milford Membership Directory is displayed on the website at all times. It is updated at the beginning of the year and periodically throughout the year as new members join.
4) Newcomer (Welcome) Packets – The Milford Community Chamber of commerce has a committee which welcomes newcomers to the community and delivers information to them about Milford’s businesses and services. As a member, you have the right to be represented in these packets in the form of a coupon, flyer, business card, or small gift. This is often a newcomer’s first exposure to your business.
5) Chamber Functions – Each month during the year, the Milford Community Chamber of Commerce has a luncheon program designed to give members a unique opportunity to participate in a wide variety of issues and topics. We try to cover issues that affect us locally, as well as topics on a State and National basis.
6) Chamber Recognition – Every year at Milford Fun Days we do take the opportunity to recognize individuals in the community for their contributions of time and efforts towards the betterment of the Milford area.
7) Resource for Technical Assistance – Want to start a business or expand your existing business but don’t know where to turn for help? The local Economic Development Committee may have some ideas. NPPD can also provide assistance through their Economic Development Dept., Columbus, NE. Their address is www.nppd.com/economicdevelopment/. Also, ConnectSeward.org will provide you FREE ISP services for Web pages you create.
8) Chamber Newsletters – The Milford Community Chamber of Commerce publishes a quarterly member’s newsletter that is sent to all members. We also publish a community newsletter twice a year that is distributed to various locations around town, keeping the members as well as the community up-to-date on Chamber happenings. As a member, you not only receive the newsletters free of charge, but have the opportunity to promote your business by submitting articles, calendar listings or discounted advertisements for publication in these materials, stretching your advertising dollar.
9) Festivals and Special Events – The Milford Community Chamber of Commerce works hard to promote the city of Milford by the creation, administration and funding of events such as Milford Fun Days, Community Garage Sales, Teacher and Staff Appreciation at the public school and college, Community Clean-up Day, Individuals of the Year, a Christmas Celebration and Community Golf Tournament.
10) Representation on Board of Directors – As a Chamber member, you have the right to serve on the Board of Directors. The Chamber needs individuals with fresh ideas and a spirit of community pride to carry out its many projects! This is a wonderful opportunity to give something back to your community from which you draw a living. By getting involved, you have the opportunity to influence public opinion, business and community growth in a POSITIVE way!
11) Milford/Seward County Business Development – Milford Chamber of Commerce works diligently to help bring and sustain businesses and industry in Milford. Through such companies as NPPD, Milford Economic Development, and governmental agencies such as the Nebraska Department of Economic Development, Milford can be assured to stay competitive with other cities of similar size, economics, etc.